Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Let It Make you and not break you (Part I)


Let It Make you and not break you (Part I)

As I talk to my colleagues in the “Business”, I find that we all face the same thing, rejection. The difference is our reactions. How we handle it. After you go through dozens of auditions, several gosees, many casting calls, do we let it get us upset and affect our entire day by dwelling on the could of, should of, and why did I do that. Or do we just have the “Oh well moving right along it’s their lost. This “business” is not for the faint at heart and courageless. Cause the city I live and love can be a “Rotten Apple” as Shanessa calls it and eat you alive. Also “The Maneater” or the Dream Stealer, Hope Killer, Faith Destroyer.

The key to survival is to maintain your composure and “Keep the Faith Baby (A.C. Powell). Just like with any situation you have to let it make you better and not break you. Survival of the fittest. This race is not giving to the swift or strong BUT the one who can endure!!! Merriam-Webster defines endure as “to undergo (as a hardship) especially without giving in or to
suffer.” But I like the definition “to continue in the same state or last . Also to remain firm under suffering or misfortune without yielding. As Christians we must REMAIN FIRM UNDER SUFFERING WITHOUT WAVIERING. What the old folks say “Keep on Keeping on!”

Living life right is not being perfect (there is no perfect person just strive for it daily) but it is learning to handle what life throws at you. Just don’t let the stumbling blocks deter your entire path. When you drive and get off the wrong exit do you give up and go home. NO! You turn around and go back and go to the right exit or You ask for directions. In life if we don’t know where to go we need to “Ask for Directions.” God is there to direct your path. Let him be your GPS-- God (MY) Personal Savior--so you won’t take the wrong exit. Now some people still get lost with the GPS and that just mean you must continue to listen even if we “Think” we know where we are going.

We have to not walk in the flesh, but after the Spirit (Rom. 8-1). We have to keep hope. For we are saved by hope. WE have to hope for what is not seen, then do we with patience wait for it (25-26). The Spirit will make an intercession for you so you know what path to take. We should be like an umpire and be ready to catch whatever the pitcher throws. Whether it’s good, bad, fast or slow. We got to be ready.

We hear the saying “Whatever don’t kill you makes you stronger.” So True! We learn from our past hurts so we can be better or encourage others. We go through events for a reason. God places events to strength us. Every day is a new learning experience. Every audition, every test, every trial is there to make me a better performer. I have learned how to have courage, how to encourage myself, and appreciate what God has given me and will give me. So we have to learn, let God and keep it moving.

The Key is perseverance! Only way I have made it this far is keeping my head up and eyes lifting to the hills which comes my help. I can’t let no one nobody get in the way of what I feel. I love Alicia Keys Song No one. I think it really it should be a gospel song.

“You and me together through the days all I know is everything going to be alright.
People keep talking they can say what they like but all I know is everything going to be alright. No One No one No One can get in the way Of what I’m feeling.”
No matter what life throws my way I can’t not let nothing and no one to throw me off my path.
Got to keep it move!


No comments: