Monday, April 25, 2011

WALKING AFTER THE SPIRIT- Renewing your mind- Peace




WALKING AFTER THE SPIRIT- Renewing your mind- Peace


WARNING: TOUCH NOT; TASTE NOT; HANDLE NOT; WHICH ALL ARE TO PERISH WITH THE USING


(Colossians 2:21)


Worry- The Silent killer!
Worry is defined as anxiousness; a troubled unsettled feeling that cause of period of feeling anxiety or concerned.

Worry brings pain, suffering, ungodly thoughts, fear, lust
Worry is unrest in mind and spirit. We him we are at rest. Peace
I starting to write this on Saturday April 23 but couldn’t continue. Know I understand why. God gave me confirmation on the importance of Peace on Easter Sunday. Philippians 4: 7 says And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
In order to renew the mind, you have to have peace of mind. I have to change my way of thinking. I’m a firm believer in “Whatever a Man Think so shall he Be.”
I have not been living in peace at all. Time to time I get the spells of feeling down and out, And when it rains it pours. Everything bad (or I think it’s bad) happens all at once. The World is in turmoil. I seem to carry burdens of other people on my shoulder sometimes. Seems like nothing good is being produced, The Devil is running ever more rampaged. But God never has and never will put more on me than I can bear.
Then I Woke Up! Ding! The light bulb turned on. WHY I AM I WORRYING ABOUT WHAT I CAN NOT HANDLE. For others to living in peace, I have to be an example- a light if you will- of peaceful living.
God has truly blessed me. I have been so ungrateful and I am sorry about that. I’m not homeless- never has, even when it seem like I can’t find an apt and money to pay for it until the very end. I never been hungry- there were times I didn’t know how I will get food BUT GOD send his angels. I never been alone- Even though I felt lonely I have wonderful people there to cheer me up and tell me to get over myself. And I never been about to die – even though I have been sickly all my life. You see I’m a living witness I am stronger because he kept me and I didn’t let go of his hand! BUT GOD!!!



When Christ died he not only saved us from sins but he left us with peace. John 14:27 says, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
Having peace is one of the greatest thing to obtain. And so little of us have it. But true faith, with peace of mind, is of great profit: (1 Timothy 6:6).
(Isaiah 26:3) You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.



So in order to be in peace we have to TRUST in God because he Trust us to OBEY his WORD. His WORD says to Don’t Worry because
1. “My God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19).
2. "Do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” (Matthew 6:34)
3. “Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?” (Matthew 6:27)

.


Now what is peace you may ask. Well peace isn’t something we should take lightly. We want peace in our homes (with Neighbors). Peace on our jobs. Peace with our kids. Peace with our mate. Peace traveling whether driving with reckless drivers or riding subway or bus with rude people). Peace when we sleep- so people wont come in and rob us or attack us. Peace in our bodies from aches and pains. Peace in our spirits (when we are feeling guilty about doing something or not doing something). And of course Peace of Mind. But I realize that it isn’t hard to have or be.
It starts in the mind!



Peace is defined as
NOUN
1. freedom from war (fighting battles with in your mind, spirit- fear)
2. tranquillity: a calm and quiet state, free from disturbances or noise (No worries, comfort)
3. mental calm: a state of mental calm and serenity, with no anxiety (No WORRIES- Don’t Worry be happy now)
4. harmony: freedom from conflict or disagreement among people or groups of people
5. peace treaty: a treaty agreeing to an end of hostilities between two warring parties (A Covenant)
6. law and order: the absence of violence or other disturbances within a state (Following God’s Word)

My definition of Peace: “An agreement with Christ to be in order with a tranquil state of mind, free from battling or conflict in the body, soul, spirit and the tongue.”

There are 523 Occurrences of peace in the bible. Talking about living in peace, speaking in peace, making peace with your brother, etc..



Jesus said WE have peace in him




(John 16:33) I have told you these things, that in me you may have peace. In the world you have oppression; but cheer up! I have overcome the world." He left a comforter. He died so we have life and life abundantly, eternally. He said “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”(1 Peter 5:7).
Philippians 4:6- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition (plead, beg), with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”

Renewing mind= Having Faith+ Trusting+ Walking in Peace



God commanded peace so why can’t we? (Mark 4:39) He (Jesus) awoke, and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, "Peace! Be still!" The wind ceased, and there was a great calm.




He said I gave you peace so use it! So I’m not going to let my peace go to waste. So when I’m about to worry I will say Peace! Be still! When my students act up and I want to act out I will say Peace! Be still! When people don’t want to work with me I will say: Peace! Be still! When people want to be rude and I want to give them a piece of my mind I will say: Peace! Be still! Will others lose their heads around me I will say Peace! Be still!. We bills pile up I will say Peace! Be still! When I feel like giving up I will say Peace! Be still! When I feel like night is day and day is night I will say Peace! Be still! When trouble is all around me I will say Peace! Be still!
Just remember that Jesus paid the price so WE can live in Peace, although we really don’t deserve it.






THANK YOU JESUS that alone gives me Peace!

No comments: