Monday, April 25, 2011









WALKING AFTER THE SPIRIT- BEING DISTRACTED
“Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.” (Colossians 3:2)


April 23, 2011

Romans 8:6 says: To be carnally mind is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
The word carnal means: in or of the flesh; and the physical needs or appetites; lustful; human or worldly as opposed to spiritual. It also means Flesh-devouring; cruel; ravenous; bloody, deathly. The living in the “World” is cruel, will devour your flesh; miserable. So why do I want to live in the “World?”



The word spiritual means pure, heavenly minded; divine; controlled, rooted in grounded
Flesh= out of controlled- zombie- restless
Spirit= in controlled- Heavenly- peace



Fleshly walking: You don’t know what tomorrow will bring. You are dying a miserable, flesh devouring death every day. You are the walking DEAD. A zombie- restless. You are plagued by worry, guilt, defeat, fear, loneliness, and suffering. They are killing you. You are in bondage.


Spiritual walking: You are rooted and grounded. You have peace – in the mind. You know you have a comforter that protects you from hurt, harm, and danger seen and unseen. You died already in Christ and now live again.



Why we cannot walk by the Spirit?
My problem is that I allow myself to be distracted. I let my problems distract me from advancing. I allow the flesh to distract me from my blessings. I allow the world to distract me from walking in the spirit daily. It is not that I don’t have the foundation I just allow myself to be side tracked.


All the time Christians allow ourselves to get side tracked. “God I’m not where I want to be financially. So I worry about how I’m pay bills.” “God I’m knocking on 30 door and I’m still not married. I’m not even on a serious relationship.” God I want a father for my kids. I am tired of doing things all alone. I’m just going to walking around bitter because men have done me wrong!” “God I’m happy where I am in my career I think I’m going to be stuck here for the rest of my life. So I am going to walk around miserable everyday complaining about how horrible things are.” “God why bad people receive they good things in life and good people suffer.” “God why am I going through all this pain and suffering. I have been faithful.” “Lord Why me?” “Can I get a break Lord?”


So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God (Romans 8:8). We need to ask ourselves daily: “Is this pleasing to God?” Allow the Fleshly things distract us is not pleasing to God.
Jesus died so we may have everlasting life (eternal living). He died so we DON’T have to Worry about day to day cares. He said, “I did it for you and you have to the audacity to complain and worry, fear.” So who are we to complain? It is already done! I will thank him for it in advance for the goodness and the glory.


We must trust in the Lord with our hearts & minds and lean not to our own Understanding (trying to figure God out, trying to work things out on our own, think we know it all). (Proverbs 3:5) For the Lord shall be your confidence, and shall keep your foot (mind, body) from being taken (keep you in perfect peace). (Proverbs 3:25) Every WORD of God is pure; he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him (Proverbs 30:5). Jesus said “My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.” (II Corinthians 12:9) He is our strength when we are weak if we walk, think and live in the spirit. For God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4: 19)
“Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God. (Colossians 3:2-3) We have to be Kingdom FOCUS. That is having the Kingdom MINDSET. We must focus in our mind of the things of God. How will this benefit the Kingdom? Is this giving God glory? Is God’s Goodness shining through me? I’m I a light for the Lord?


I am awake Lord! The light was flickering. Now it is time to Work!
“For me to live is Christ, and die is gain” (Philippians 1:21) When Christ , who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory. (Colossians 3:4)

No comments: