Wednesday, October 1, 2008

What does FRIEND mean?




Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 4:04am


If you know me, you know that I'm not much of a writer. But all that has change. For the past 7 months I have been writing my book titled: My Thoughts: Part 2 of My Walk with God. Now I have decided to share what Miss Akia has created in her head. My Spirituality has moved to another level and as God strenghten me I have written things that My little mind never could conceive. I thought I never could write but God said otherwise.I have been pondering the meaning of the word Friend. This is the best time to post this Valentine's Day. (A day that we should have everyday!) I do not take that term lightly. Friendship has a lot attach to it emotionally, mentally, spiritually. Understand that EVERYONE can not be your friend. Like it or not. Everyone in your life should have a purpose.As Bishop Wayne R. Felton has taught me, There are 3 type of people you should have in you life:1. Mentor= Someones level you are trying to reach (Someone uplifting you)2. Someone on your level3. Someone you are uplifiting = Mentoree. If someone is pulling you down, deleted them ASAP. This is what I call the "Parasite Syndrome." They suck up all you energy and live you lifeless. THEY need you to survive. WARNING this is not a FRIEND!The song "I need you to survive" comes to mind: "I need you, you need me we are all apart of God's body. I need you to survive." The word survive is misleading. Survive = making do, get by. We need to do more than survive we must be more than conquerors. (STAY TUNE for my Survive segment for more info) So maybe we should say I need a shoulder, a ear to listen, hand to hold, someone to say "Get your self together." And Even though you haven't seen your friend in years, it's as if you just talked to them yesterday.A friend Walks beside you. "A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." In my business friends are few and you see true friends quickly. People are going use and abuse you. But staying lifted you will conquer it!God is so good that he is opening my eyes (spiritual and physical) to see the world plain and clearly now. But I still must becareful of the devil's OLD tricks, mind games, etc... I say this because in the past I have felt that no one loved me or cared for me. I felt that I had no one I could call on, a shoulder, a hand, a ear. No one to tell my troubles to. I felt alone. No one paid attention to me. No one knew. But now I know the mean of friend and who I am and who's I am. I no long feel that way."Friends are God's way of taking care of us."God puts people in our lives for a reason. So cherish every moment of the day. "Hold a true friend with both your hands." - Nigerian Proverb Like my father, the Wise Coach E. Fleming, always say, "You are who you hang with." You hang with a fool, You are a fool! We become like the friends we spend time with, then we must select our friends wisely. In my quest for knowledge and Understanding I found this


1. A desirable friend tells you the truth in love - “Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful” Proverbs 27:6

2. A desirable friend gives you sound advice - “Ointment and perfume delight the heart, and the sweetness of a man’s friend gives delight by hearty counsel” Proverbs 27:9

3. A desirable friend refines you - “ As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend” Proverbs 27:17

4. A desirable friend helps you grow in wisdom - “He who walks with wise men will be wise, but the companion of fools will be destroyed” Proverbs 13:20

5. A desirable friend stays close to you - “A man who has friends must himself be friendly, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother” Proverbs 18:24

6. A desirable friend loves you and stands by you - “A friend loves at all times, and brother is born for adversity” Proverbs 17:17

7. A desirable friend is a help in time of trouble - “ Two are better than one, because they have good reward for their labor. For if they fall , one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up” Ecclesiastes 4:9-10"Sometimes God sends you to be a friend. and others times He sends someone to be your friend.


"Life can bring sadness or uncertainity at the most unexpected times. Facing adversity with strengths reclaimed in the confidence of others is true friendship.
by Jacqulyn Rathjen
I am taking a good look at myself seeing if I have been a true friend. If I haven't, God is a God of 2nd chances. This is my chances as well as yours to do his will! So becareful who you call friend! "The righteous should choose his friends carefully, for the way of the wicked leads them astray" - Proverbs 12:26

John 13:34: "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another."Remember the best friend you can have is Jesus the Son of our Lord. Who died for are sins, so we could have life more abundantly!"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13

No comments: